What Makes Pure Placid Body Cream So Great
Posted on July 27 2019
Pure Placid Body Cream is a moisturizing blend enriched with natural extracts and vitamins to help heal, protect, and nourish your skin.
Here Are The 3 Main Pure Placid Body Cream Ingredients
1. SAFFLOWER SEED OIL
Pure Placid is a big fan of Safflower Seed Oil, so of course we put it in our body cream. Why, you may ask. Because the main chemical constituents of Safflower Oil are Oleic, Linoleic, Palmitic, Stearic, Linolenic, and Palmitoleic acids. These are really amazing properties, especially for your skin!
OLEIC ACIDS (OMEGA-9):
- Maintains the softness, suppleness, and radiance of skin and hair
- Stimulates the growth of thicker, longer, and stronger hair
- Reduces the appearance of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines
- Exhibits antioxidant properties
LINOLEIC ACIDS (OMEGA-6):
- Facilitates wound healing
- Is an effective emulsifier in the formulation of soaps and quick-drying oils
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothes acne and reduce chances of future outbreaks
- Promotes moisture retention in skin and hair
- Makes oils feel thinner in consistency when used in an oil blend, thus being beneficial for use on acne-prone skin
- Helps slow the look of aging by sustaining skin elasticity and softness
- Has emollient properties
- Softens hair without leaving a greasy or sticky residue
- Is the most common saturated fatty acid
- Is an ideal emulsifying agent that binds water and oil
- Helps products remain potent when stored for long periods of time
- Conditions and protects hair and skin from damage without diminishing luster.
- Softens skin
- Delays the appearance of premature aging
- Moisturizes and tightens the skin
- Promotes the growth of shiny hair
- Enhances the brightness of the complexion
- Boosts the growth of healthy-looking nails
- Enhances skin elasticity to prevent symptoms of premature aging, such as wrinkles
2. SHEA BUTTER
Shea butter is a skin super-food that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the shea (Karite) tree and is naturally rich in vitamins A, E, and F. It offers UV protection (it's SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It's often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils. One compound found in shea butter is lupeol cinnamate, found to reduce skin inflammation and potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also is beneficial for people with acne. Shea butter aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids (just like safflower seed oil - it's like a double dose of good stuff!) that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long-term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
3. Cocoa Butter
We believe that every good body cream needs cocoa butter! Cocoa butter is high in fatty acids, which is why it’s often touted for its ability to hydrate and nourish the skin and improve elasticity. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over skin to hold in moisture. Cocoa butter is also rich in natural plant compounds called phytochemicals. These substances improve blood flow to the skin and slow skin aging by protecting against damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays. One common use of cocoa butter is to smooth scars, wrinkles, and other marks on the skin. Many women use cocoa butter creams and lotions during and after pregnancy to prevent and minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Cocoa butter has also been promoted to heal rashes from conditions like dermatitis.
After our 3 super star ingredients we then add natural extracts to make this the best body cream you have ever used!
- Chamomile Flower Extract - Soothes dry skin and promotes healing of skin irritation, sunburn, rash and minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- Lavender Extract - Soothes irritated skin and restores natural moisture balance to all skin types.
- Aloe Leaf Extract - Improves the skin's ability to hydrate itself, aid in the removal of dead skin cells, and help protect and rebuild the skin.
- Allantoin - It's both moisturizing and keratolytic, meaning that it causes Keratin in the skin to soften. This property helps skin heal more quickly and to bind moisture more effectively. Soft, smooth, healthy skin is the goal.
- Pro Vitamin B5 - A humectant that heals, soothes and protects skin. Often used to alleviate skin conditions.