Incorporating olive oil soap into our skincare regimen is essential if we want to be gentle on our skin and take care of it correctly. Olive oil soap is less acidic, so it's great to use on your skin without stripping it of all essential oils. So, let's chat about the actual benefits of using olive oil soap in your skincare routine.
- Skin Moisturizer: Olive oil soap is one of the top treatments for dry skin. The moisturizing properties found in olive oil help your skin stay soft and supple, thus allowing your skin to hold more moisture. This is because olive oil is naturally rich in vitamins A and E. This is also because olive oil has the ability to retain water which helps with dryness and cracked or chapped skin. In addition, using olive oil soap regularly can help your skin regain some of its moisture loss, resulting in smoother, softer skin over time.
- Great for All Skin Types: Olive oil is hypoallergenic, which makes it great for all skin types. From adults right down to babies, the natural olive oil soap is gentle on even the most sensitive skin, so you shouldn't need to worry about adverse reactions. It's even gentle enough to use on the face.
- Naturally Anti-Aging: Due to the oleic acid we spoke about earlier, and with the addition of polyphenols, these two components function together to improve overall skin tone and texture. Olive oil is also rich in fatty acids that olive oil soap goes a long way to replenishing lost oils in our skin as we age. This, in turn, helps with the reduction of wrinkles or age spots.The increased levels of antioxidants found in olive oil can also help protect your skin from free radicals, which are prevalent in the air all around us.
- Relief from Eczema and Psoriasis: It's been said that olive oil-based soaps can help relieve the symptoms that come with skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. These symptoms may include itchiness, redness, and dryness. The anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil can help with the enflamed skin of people living with psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes red, scaly patches, which can be incredibly itchy to the sufferer. It's most found on the knees, torso, scalp, and elbows.
- Ideal for Acne Problems: Olive oil has both anti-inflammatory properties and anti-bacterial agents. It's these anti-bacterial agents that help clear acne breakouts but also assist in preventing them from reoccurring. Olive oil soap is, by nature, non-greasy, so it won't clog pores, which is one of the leading causes of acne. Pairing olive oil soaps with an essential oil toner like tea tree oil can make for a powerful but gentle solution for problem skin.
- Acts as A Gentle Makeup Remover: If you have sensitive skin, then using olive oil soap as a makeup remover can really help keep your skin moist while removing residual makeup. You want to be extra gentle with the skin on your face as it's one of the first areas of the skin to show the signs of aging.
There is a lot to be said about switching to a softer, gentler, natural olive oil soap. Pure Placid offers a variety of Olive Oil Soap Bars hand made with natural ingredients and natural scents.