Pure Placid's newest Calm Tip. The 5-5-5 technique, also known as Box Breathing, involves inhaling, breath retention, and exhaling in order to reduce stress and anxiety. It’s actually a technique used by Navy Seals during combat. So, it’s definitely something that can help when you’re going to combat with your toddler or boss. It’s a very simple technique that we can all use when we need to Claim our Calm.
- Inhale very slowly through your nose for 5 seconds.
- Hold the breath for 5 seconds.
- Release the breath through your nose for 5 seconds.
- Hold your breath again for 5 seconds.
- Do this for one full minute or 5-10 cycles.
Your mind should calm and you should be able to refocus your energy and attention with reduced anxiety.
And give the breathing exercise a try and let us know how it works for you.